Thursday, February 25, 2010

December 2009-January 2010

Christmas was a blast this year. Geoff and I had a great time hanging out with family and eating lots of food. I think I gained like 15 pounds over the holidays. Not so fun when you have just spent the past year losing 40 pounds. That is what I had accomplished. But by the end of the year it was only 24. So I am back on the working out daily lifestyle. But ofcourse that is more like every other day in my book :) I did not take a ton of pictures over Christmas so I am only posting a couple so that I can remember what took place at our house. Geoff and I did not set up a tree this year because it was during finals week and I needed to study more then I needed to decorate my house. I was pretty sad about that. I love to decorate for Christmas. Here is a picture of the tree at my moms house Christmas morning. The pizza is a tradition at our house. We all get together Christmas eve and make home made pizza's. This is the one that I made.


These pictures are of my nieces. One was the weekend of the blessing and the other was from Christmas. I wanted to post some pictures to show how much they both have changed in just a couple of months. In the second picture I think that they look enough alike to be sisters. They both got their mothers looks. The third picture is of Shelby wearing my shoes. Watch out Tiff she is trying to follow in her "baby aunt Cole's" shoes. That could mean a lot of trouble for you :)




For New Years we all got together at my house. It was all just family but we had a great time. I love that Geoff's family is like built in friends. There are so many of us all the same age that we have a blast when we get together. Not everyone is in this picture but it was the only one that I had with almost everyone in it. Sorry about all the gang signs, and fingers, we are a little crazy when we all get together. After midnight while sipping on sparkling cider we all listed out new years resolutions. It was pretty cool to see what everyone had planned for the year to come. Geoff wants to run the marathon again in under 4 hours. I had a few. I want to pass my CNA state tests, run the marathon, and lose 20 pounds. Here's to hoping 2010 will be a great year!



I didn't want to start a new post for January of 2010 so I am adding it to the end of this one. On January 7, 2010 I passed my state CNA boards. I was so nervous about them. I am so glad that all the time and effort I put into them passed off. I am still looking for a job but I am sure that I will find one in the near future.

For my birthday, Geoff and I went up to his mom's house for dinner. Of course we didn't eat anything because Geoff had a big surprise planned for dinner. He would not tell me where we were going. My birthday just so happens to fall on the same day as Geoff's twin sisters Karen and Kathie so we had a joint party. Geoff's mom made cakes for us and everyone sang happy birthday. This was my cake. I even got to blow out the candles this year! It was awesome. Thanks again momma Kathie! I love you!



This is just a picture of my baby cakes and I on my birthday before heading up to his mom's house. We do clean up nice when we try! I love this man with all my heart. He is such a blessing in my life. It is never a dull moment when he is around.


And finally, this is where we went to dinner. I had never been there before so it was so cool. There are still a lot of places in town that I have never eaten at so we are going to try and hit all of them this year. It was a huge surprise and I was so happy about it. We had a nice dinner of steak. I think this might have been one of the best birthdays so far!!

5 comments:

Shantel Elise said...

How fun. Looks like a great time. I didn't know that your family does home-made pizza on Christmas Eve. So does ours. Did that come from our mother's younger days? Or is it just a conincidence? Great hearing from you. :)

Julie said...

man that cake looks really yummy I kind of want to it right now! :) Glad you had a good birthday and i love your goals for 2010 - much more inspiring than mine lol!

Geoff and Niccole said...

I think that it came from Grandma. But I am not 100% sure. We have always done it.

*Aliese* said...

So I have to share that I'm so glad you shared your blog link. :) And if you ever want a gym buddy, I go to the Resultz on Sunset!

Josh 'n Jenn said...

mmmm... that cake looks delish! I'm glad I found your blog- It's a good one! Monday, 25 main for reals this time? Would around 6 work for you?