Thursday, February 18, 2010

A long time in waiting.... Very long!

This is going to be a very long post. I might have to break it down in to different ones because of time constraints. I am at the college library right now in between classes. I guess the best way to start is from where I left off. My last post was about my new niece Brooklyn Grace. She is now almost 6 months and is such a doll. This poor girl has had so much happen to her that she will be so lucky not to be messed up for life! Just kidding, but she has had it rough. Just in the last month she has had RSV, she got bitten by her dog, Charlie, and got her ears pierced. Plus she is getting 6 month shots this week. Poor girl has taken it all so well. Here are some pictures from her blessing day. Brooklyn and her cousin Kianoah got blessed on the same day by their Grandpa's. We are so proud to have grandpa's that hold the Preisthood in our family! I believe that Shelby is eating a Cheetoo in this picture of her!




My amazing husband was training for the marathon in Saint George so he and his cousin's wife Hannah ran a 15-miler in Pine Valley to get ready for it. I would never have made it. The run was all on a dirt path and it was up hills and down and it was so crazy. I was so impressed at some of the people who ran it. I never thought some of them would make it when they were running. But everyone finished. It gave me hope that one day I could do the same thing. I would really like to run a marathon. I was so proud of Geoff and Hannah they did amazing. Hannah got a medal in her age group. I can't remember what place it was though. Sorry Hannah I know your eyes are closed but it is the only one I got of the two of you!



In October Geoff ran the marathon. I was so proud and amazed at him. His finishing time was 4:12. When he finished he said that he just wanted to lay down but the people would not let him. They took him into a booth and checked all his vitals and kept asking him questions about himself to make sure that he knew what was going on. He was fine. Just exhausted. Most of his family was there to cheer him on. I ran the last mile or so with him. I helped out at my parents ward water station which is the very last one before the finish line. I ran to the end with him. He ran so fast I could not believe that after 25 miles that he still had that kind of speed in him. He told me that if he slowed down he would stop running and he wanted to finish the race running. What an amazing man I married!! Geoff's sisters Marian and Jill got him this shirt at the finish line. He couldn't wait to put it on.



In October, I believe it was the 28th Geoff's youngest sister got Baptised. Von was running late due to missing his flight, which everyone had said he better not miss. So he drove like 100 miles an hour from the Vegas airport to Diamond Valley so that he could preform the baptism. It was an awesome event. The whole family was there and that is saying a lot when you see how big this family is. To have us all there and pretty much on time was amazing. After the baptism we went up to Geoff's mom's place and had cake and ice-cream. I love this family I am so glad that I can be a part of it. The keep me on my toes! We had such a blast playing with all the cool sunglasses.




Halloween was not all that great this year for us. We both dressed up but I had to work so we didn't really get to do anything together. Geoff went out with his cousin Jacob and some friends and they had a good time. Geoff was an old man for Halloween and I could not believe that he would dare wear this costume out in public but then who am I kidding the man loves to be noticed! Even as an old man he is the man of my dreams!



We decided this year that for our birthdays we wanted to go to an Eagles game. Geoff is a huge Eagles fan so we got tickets to the game against San Diego. We were sad that they lost but had a blast at the game. If you have never been to a pro game I suggest that you do. It was a great experience. We had a blast hanging out with Cyndi and Jay while we were in town. They were so kind to let us stay with them. Thanks Jordan for letting us have your room. We promise we didn't move any of the legos. There were way to many pictures from the game to post them all so here is one of us in our seats and one of Geoff and the field. That is how close we were!



On November 24, Geoff turned 30. I made him a picture frame with all of his marathon stuff in it and a picture with him at the finish line. It turned out well. I really think that he was happy with it. He did get kinda mad because I was not going to spend any money on him for his birthday do to our agreement. I broke the rules though :) I was going to make it for him either way so why not just give it to him for his birthday! His mom made this cake for him when we went up to celebrate his birthday. Yes there really is 30 candles in there.



I have run out of time I have to head to class. I still have Christmas and New Years to post about for the end of 2009. I also have all of January and now most of February to do also. I hopefully will have time in the next week to finish up so that I can be up to date on this. I don't keep a journal so this is the best way to keep track of things. Here a a couple of pictures of Geoff and I over the last 6 months! The last one is of Shelby and I at Brooklyn's blessing. She doesn't really know who I am so she was scarred to have me holding her. Plus the sun is in both of our eyes. I just thought that it was a cute picture of the both of us.


2 comments:

Julie said...

Colio it's been so fun reading all your updates and seeing your pics! I miss you!!! I esp. love the halloween costume LOL - oh man - that is your man lol! good times!

Geoff and Niccole said...

haha he is such a hoot! I miss you too. I will try and stay caught up from now on.