Tuesday, April 6, 2010

February, March, and Easter

I know I said that I was going to try and post each month and as you can see that has not happened. I just forget or don't have the time. So the pictures just keep accumulating on my camera until I realize that months have gone by and I have yet again not posted. I really want to post stuff while it is fresh in my mind so that I can remember everything that happened. I am going to start with February and then go through Easter.

In February not much happened around here. I was busy with school and work and Geoff is working away. We did decided that we wanted to go on a cruise for our anniversy so we booked a trip in May to the Mexican Rivera. We talked Tiffanie and Trent into coming with us. They are going to leave Shelby with Trent's parents for the whole week. We are very excited about it. I had to work on Valentines Day so we didn't really celebrate much. We did go and see a movie. We are pretty exciting I know!!

In March I was able to attend Randy and Nikki's sealing. It was such an amazing experience. I was so glad that I was able to attend. There was a dinner afterwords that I was unable to attend due to work, but at the dinner Randy and Nikki informed the family that they will be having a baby. We are all so excited for them. Their baby will be the first Demke grandchild on this side of the family.

On March 29th my niece Shelby turned 2. We were not able to be there for her actual birthday so we all packed into Megan's car and headed up for Easter/Conference weekend. It was a long car ride with Brooklyn. She did really well most of the trip but by the end she was ready to be out of the car and so were we. The weather up there was not all that great but there was no snow so that was nice. We were able to have a small birthday party for Shelby while we were up there. She was so excited about all of her new gifts. Her parents got her a new kitchen to play with so Megan and Curtis got her a shopping cart full of food, and Geoff and I got her a cash register and an apron. She looked so cute and had a blast playing with all her new toys. Grandma and Grandpa Curtis got her a new jump suit. She was so excited to put it on that she didn't want to open any more presents until she had it on!


On Saturday we went to an Easter egg hunt at Tiffanie's work. Her work puts on activities throughout the year for all of the elderly people. It is a good way to get them and their families together. There were so many eggs everywhere. They had a room that was for kids 0-2. This was nice for us because Shelby and Brooklyn could go into the same room. Shelby got scared at first because everyone was running around everywhere trying to get the eggs. When she finally got comfortable with everything she had a great time getting all of her eggs in the basket. After collecting the eggs they had a breakfast brunch set up for everyone to eat. The food was good and we had a blast hanging out with all the family. Shelby and Brooklyn both looked so cute in their Easter outfits.


That night we dyed Easter eggs. Shelby did not really get what we were doing and she kept wanting to do it on her own. It was fun to try and do it with her but I think that she is still just a little to young to know what is going on. We did have a good time and made a lot of cute eggs!

Here Tiffanie is with both of the girls. She had a hard time trying to get them to sit still long enough for us to snap some pictures. But we did get at least one decent one.

Last year Shelby got this Bunny for Easter. She had a great time dancing around to it. We all got a good laugh out of her.

I am watching Brooklyn 4 afternoons a week so that Megan can go to work. Here are some of the fun pictures we have taken over the last couple of months. This has been such a fun thing for me to do. I really enjoy doing things with Brooklyn. She is such a joy to be around!

Megan has a play date group that she gets together with. A couple of weeks ago Jordan brought a pool with her and they put all the kids in. They were so cute out there. Brooklyn had just fallen asleep so she was not all that happy. She had a hard time waking up.

2 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

Wow - i'm glad you updated! it had been awhile! Looks like you guys are doing well! The cruise sounds like a blast! Are you coming on saturday (17th) to the shower? Can't wait to see you!

Geoff and Niccole said...

We are going to be in Cali for a wedding that weekend. But I have a gift and would love to come and meet Josh. When would be a good time for you?