Monday, December 19, 2011

Life can be unfair

I know that it has been a while since I last posted and I do hope to do an end of year wrap up in the next week or so. But for now I have wanted to document how life can be so unfair at times. For Geoff's birthday this year I got us a two night stay at Harrah's in Las Vegas. I was so excited for this trip school had just ended for the semester and I was really in need of a break. Not to mention that I got to spend the weekend with Geoff and that we were going to take in a couple of shows. Friday night was amazing. We went to the Legends in Concert show which is where people do impersonations of celebrities. It was so fun there was singing and dancing and they even did some Christmas songs. Geoff and I had a great time. We decided to play some cards and hit the slot machines for a while. Saturday morning rolls around and guess what? The car is gone. Not just gone but totally missing. Geoff is now without a car, cell phone, or keys. We have no idea what happened and the Las Vegas Police department were not a lot of help. We called them and they told us that with out a plate number or vin number on the car there was nothing that we could do. So we packed up and rode the shuttle home. Not the way I wanted to end my vacation. We got home got the information the police department wanted and then called them. They told us that we needed to go the the police station in St. George so that we could verify that we are who we said we were and that the car is really ours. So we get in the car and head to the police station. Of course this is Utah and nothing is open on Sundays. The hits just keep coming and coming. We now have to wait until today to be able to file a claim. That is two whole days that the car has been missing and nothing has been filed on it yet. Do you know how far away a car can get in two days. I am beyond frustrated that someone would steal a car, but the fact that the police station is closed on Sundays just boggles my mind. I understand the whole taking the weekend off but really?? After we report the car today we will just have to wait and see. I hope that the car turns up. I dont even care what condition it is in as long as they find it. This is the end of a chapter in our lives and we would really like to just put it behind us, if that is even possible. Sorry that this is just a rant and rave but I wanted to document it.

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh my gosh, how awful! What a crappy way to end a great trip. Hopefully karma comes around for the dishonest carjacker(s) soon. I can't believe the Vegas PD weren't more helpful. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

T said...

Oh Niccole I am so sorry. It is so sad that the world has come to this- people stealing and lying. I sure hope that your car turns up. Can't wait to see you next week. Keep me posted on the latest with the car.

Mrs. Lay said...

Oh my gosh, that is freakin retarded.I will never understand why people feel they have the right to steal from others. My Grandpa just had his house broken into and cleaned out for the 3rd or 4th time on his 81st birthday a few weeks ago. I cannot believe people! They even took the birthday presents he'd gotten and the few wrapped Christmas presents he had managed to buy for people on his fixed income. It makes me so upset I can't think about it. I just have to remember they will get what's coming to them either in this life or the next. I hope your luck getting your car back or insurance money changes!