Friday, December 23, 2011

One day at a t time

That is how we are living life right now. It really seems unfair all the bad things that have happened to us lately. But then I sit back and remember that it is only stuff. We are healthy and in good spirits considering all that has happened. Each day brings a different mood and some days they are not good ones. When I find myself getting into the grumps or "Turning into the Hulk" as Geoff likes to call it, I have to stop and list all the things that we do have and what I am grateful for. Losing the car really has been a humbling experience for the both of us.

We still have not heard much from the LVPD but we have high hopes that something will turn up after the holidays. If only they could get us a case number so that our insurance can do there part. Even if the car is not recovered it would be nice to get the money from the insurance. At least we would no longer be playing the waiting game like we are now. I think that is the worst part at times. I feel like they have done nothing to help us and that they really dont care that our car was stolen. Geoff kindly reminds me that we are not the only people that were in Vegas that weekend and most likely not the only people to have a car stolen or broken into. This tends to calm me down for a bit, however, I seem to get worked up much easier these days.

Its hard to believe that school will be starting again in just a few short weeks. I was hoping for a nice relaxing time off. I had plans to work on some projects and get some stuff done around the house. Now all I want to do if I am home is lie around and do nothing. I fear that depression has struck our household and it will take some much need sunshine to get rid of it. To bad it is so dang cold outside. It just makes me want to stay inside more wrapped up in a nice warm blanket.

One a brighter note, we were able to go out to Tuachan last night and see the live Nativity. To sum up the night I am going to quote Geoff. "I have never been more happy to drive thirty minutes to sit in the cold for a seventeen minute program" Yes it was freezing and we were not prepared. The family time was great though. I love getting to spend time with my sisters. When we are not disagreeing on something we really do have a great time together. I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend that we will get to spend with our families.

And last but not least! I am going to be an aunt again! My sister Tiffanie and her husband are going to be having another little girl in May! I cant wait. This new baby will be my fifth niece! I still have no nephews so the race is on (on both sides of the family) to see who has the first boy!

No comments: